Beautiful to the eye, healthy for the body, and delightful to the palate: what more could you want from a spring vegetable dish?
WARM GARLIC RADISHES AND SPRING GREENS
- 2-3 bunches of FUF Radishes
- 1-2 heads FUF Spring Garlic
- Olive oil
- Sea Salt
- 4-5 oz FUF Baby Kale/ Spinach (Either or both work!)
- Juice of One Lemon
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Wash the green and radishes thoroughly and dry them.
- Trim and quarter the radishes and place on a large baking tray.
- Toss the radishes with the olive oil, sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper.
- Place the radishes in the oven for 20-25 minutes, tossing every ten minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel the garlic heads and slice the spring garlic thinly (or you may mince if you prefer.)
- After the first 10 minutes of cooking, add the spring garlic to the radishes and stir.
- Cook until the radishes start to turn golden and they are easily pierced with a fork.
- Place your greens in a mixing bowl and dress with olive oil, and the lemon juice. Massage gently (if using Kale), or just mix it (for spinach). Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Dish greens into individual bowls and top with the warm roasted radishes and garlic for a delicious side dish loaded with vitamins and beautiful to the eye!
You can add canned chickpeas and warm brown rice to turn this side dish into a main! Just toss all together with the dressings and salt and pepper to taste.