With everyone thinking about grilling, and deliciously rich sides this upcoming week, we thought we’d contrast some of those scrumptious recipes with a delicious, nutrient dense Red, White, and Blue Salad! Radishes for red, Turnips for white, and sweetly seasonal Blueberries for the blue. :) ENJOY!
- 4oz greens (Kale, pea soots, lettuce or a mix!)
- 1 bunch of FUF Radishes
- 1 bunch FUF Hakurei Turnips
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, walnuts, slivered almonds, or other crunchy topping of choice.
- Dressing of Choice!
- Wash, spin, and assemble your greens.
- Dress your greens (and massage the kale separately if using.)
- Wash the radishes and turnips and slice thinly, arrange on top of the greens.
- Toss on the cup of fresh blueberries and the nuts.
- Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper and serve on plates of individual bowls for an incredibly festive and tasty Fourth of July salad!